signed lower right "Phillips Sanders"
The Saint Vincent opened in 1689 by Jean-Vincent Philippe de Hautmesnil to facilitate the subdivision of his land. The street was named after its patron saint.
From the nineteenth century, the Rue Saint-Vincent is famous as a gourmet place. The old Hotel Richelieu was built in 1861, and was then the rendezvous of the literary world.