Katharine Patton was born in Philadelphia in 1866. She was a pupil of Cox, Hawthorne, and Snell in New York, and of Frank Brangwyn in London.
She was a member of the National Academy of Women Painters and Sculptors, the Philadelphia Watercolor Club, the Fellowship of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, the Plastic Club, and the Philadelphia Art Alliance.
Patton exhibited regularly at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts Annuals from 1915 through 1938 and was the recipient of many awards including the Silver Medal at the Knoxville, Tennessee Exposition in 1913 as well as a prize for landscape from the National Association of Women Painters and Sculptors in 1918.
Katharine Patton's paintings are part of the collections of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and Southern High School in Philadelphia.
The artist died in 1941.